Thursday, October 31, 2013

The long road project

The long road project has been an amazing experience. Being an animation student always working in a studio on photoshop started to close my mind off to other projects. This was a great opportunity to get me out of the studio. When I first heard about The Long road project I was unsure about whether my style of work would relate to Richard Long's documentary walks.
But when I started researching about Richard Long's practices I was inspired by his work and I started to generate a lot of ideas of what could be in exhibition at the Potteries Museum.
However, to create something animated was challenging. So I focused on the movement of water as well as looking at the scenery and how the weather and colour can change the atmosphere. Especially from Thorpe cloud when the sun came from beyond the clouds it was beautiful.  
Walking towards the bridge I never expected to see a rainbow so close though it only lasted a few seconds. I noticed while taking photos of the water throughout the weekend how the colour can change in the sunlight. While taking photos I had changed the effects to negative which created interesting colours and water patterns, while the sunlight was reflecting on the water there were different colours.


           

     

No comments:

Post a Comment