Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Long Road Project

The Long Road Project has given me an excellent opportunity to take my practice further. I already work closely with maps and the walking practice, looking into how people move through different spaces. By being involved in this project and the residency has shown me different techniques from the four different course areas involved.

The four different courses taking part in this project gave the residency a completely different aspect to things I've taken part in before, I really enjoyed being able to interact with people from different disciplines, as we wouldn't usually have the opportunity to discuss ideas with each other.



Whilst at Ilam Park I focused a lot on the transition of light and sound of flowing water. I also took a lot of photographs of the changing sky, at the minute I'm unsure as to how these will become a final piece for the exhibition.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again soon, and I'm glad this only the beginning of the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment