Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Long Road Project.

         



Throughout the weekend I have been looking at the vast detail of the Peak District and have noticed that the area conveys a peaceful feel within the environment. Being from the city and living within the city of Stoke-on-Trent, you forget how quiet the country side can be.


On the second day of the residency I took a trip up to Dovedale, where I found there was even more detail and colour within the landscape. Walking along the river was a lovely experience as the sound of the rushing water conveyed such a passive feeling, creating a great atmosphere for me to shoot in.


Being a photography student, I have documented this weekend through the medium of photography, by capturing different aspects of Ilam Park and other areas within the Peak District. I have enjoyed learning about how three other mediums such as, Animation, Music Technology and Fine Art, can capture the essence of such a beautiful place, and represent the area in completely different yet exciting ways.



One of the main focuses of the weekend, for me, was the immense amount of colour of the area, and how you could see one colour of a certain tree, such as orange and yellow and how that would contrast with the greens of the grass or the blue sky.
My thought for the Long Road Project , is to represent the area of the Peak District through blurred and focused image. I want to display the Peak District in two different ways as I want to discover how my viewers will see the Peak District and if the viewers of my images capture the same feeling from both pictures of the same area.


Another main experience which I enjoyed this weekend was exploring the area, and having quite a lot of time to just walk around and photograph the beautiful landscape.




Overall the weekend was a great success, as I now know not to just experience a certain place and its landscape through vision, but also through sound, and in some circumstances, touch, as everywhere creates sound as much as every place has a certain texture for us to feel and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment